INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING OUT USPS FORM 1583
All entities choosing to procure the services of a 3rd party mail service are required to complete a USPS Form 1583. The purpose of this form is to give the 3rd party provider the right to act as a CMRA (Commercial Mail Receiving Agent) on behalf of their client.
HOW DOES SOMEONE OBTAIN A COPY OF THE FORM?
Download a copy using this link: USPS 1583 or pick up a copy at a local USPS office
LINE BY LINE INSTRUCTIONS
Sections 1 and 2 are to be completed by the person/business agent requesting hiring the CMRA. The CMRA must complete Section 3.
- Box 1: Enter the date that you are filling out the form
- Box 2: Write the name of the company or individual requesting CMRA services
- Box 3: Enter the address given to you by Bafler with your account creation
- Box 4: LEAVE BLANK
- Box 5: Authorized individual must sign here
- Box 6 & 7: If any other party will be using this address to receive mail – enter their information in these boxes
- Box 8: Note which IDs you are using for proof of identity. One must be a photo ID. If the account is a business – the person signing and providing ID must be an authorized agent of the business.
- Box 9: Complete if you are a business customer only
- Box 10a-10e: Enter the information for the authorized agent for the business
- Box 11: Enter what industry the business operates in
- Box 12: Data for anyone using the address must be entered here. There is no limit on the number of people or entities permitted to use the address, but they all must be listed here
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES USPS FORM 1583
Form 1583 is required to be notarized. Once completed, the form must be sent to Bafler along with scanned copies of your identification documents and then we will complete our portion.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF IDS
- Any government issued IDs (ex. driver’s license, state ID card)
- Naturalization card
- Mortgage, deed or lease
- Vehicle registration card
- Voter ID
- Declaration page of a current insurance policy with the name of the policy holder matching the individual or business requesting CMRA services
- CANNOT USE birth certificates or social security cards